Road Skills Test
Road Skills Test
Take your road skills test at our location in Covington, rather than waiting in line at the local DMV. Road skills tests are offered to our current students as well as students who have completed their driver's education training at another approved school.
The road test must be taken in a Dynamics Driving School vehicle and will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. We only offer the use of school cars for safety, time, security, and insurance reasons.
80% is needed to pass this test, no exceptions. You will automatically fail the test if you speed, run a red light, do not make a full stop at a stop sign, do not follow the examiner's commands, or if the examiner has to activate the dual brake.
- If you have a disability or require special testing, you will need to take your test at the DMV.
- You must be at least 16 years old, have had your learner's permit for at least six full months, and successfully completed eight hours of behind-the-wheel instruction to take the road test.
- If you 17 years or older, you may book the road test after successfully completing eight hours of behind-the-wheel instruction.
- If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you to sign paperwork allowing you to test. Parents/guardians will not be permitted to ride in the car for the test.
- If you have completed your classroom or behind-the-wheel instruction at a different school, you will need to present a completion certificate before the test.
- Be on time for your test. Arriving late will result in cancellation without a refund.
- Meet at Dynamics Driving School for the test. Pick-up/drop-off service is not available for this test.
After successful completion of the road skills test, we will provide a SEALED envelope with your original written test, certificate of completion of their course, and if 17 or older a certificate of completion for the road skills test. This envelope MUST stay sealed until someone from the DMV or title company unseals it.
We will provide a copy of your certificate of completion for your records and suggest you make a copy to provide to your insurance company. We will have a copy of your original certificate on file for up to five years and will provide extra copies for $25.
Fees for testing are non-refundable.
Please call our office to schedule your test. 985-234-9676Register Now